Animal fun fact: Chinchillas can’t get wet. Their fur retains too much water and will start to grow mold. So they bathe by rolling around in dust.
Chinchilla fun fact: Chinchillas have around 20 hairs per follicle; unlike humans who have 2-3 hairs per follicle. Because their fur is so dense, they cannot get fleas or other parasites. The bugs will suffocate in their fur.
Chinchilla fun fact: Petting one of those awesome little guys feels like touching a motherfucking cloud.
Chinchilla fun fact: Their newborn babies are like little pieces of fluffy popcorn. You could easily just toss a handful in your mouth.
Chinchilla fun fact: Don’t toss a handful into your mouth.
DO IT NOW!
do! not! eat! the! chinchilla! babies!
Mi papá tiene 47 años= my dad is 47 years old
Mi papa tiene 47 anos= my potato has 47 assholes
I love spanish
A capital letter changes it even further:
Mi Papa tiene 47 anos = My pope has 47 anuses
literally the best post I have seen on this website
This is Iceberg, the first white orca whale on earth. Scientists studying a pod of orcas saw his pure white dorsal fin breaking the surface and followed him, thinking that this was a trick of the eye. But Iceberg is the first reported albino killer whale, living in a large pod. Behavioural experts believed that orcas would exile a whale that did not look like the rest of the pod, but since Iceberg was born, his pod has accepted him and he is living a happy and healthy life.
Proving that whales are smarter than people.
time will come when you’ll be tired with everything
you’ll be tired to be with your friends
to be with your family.
time will come when you’ll only want to have someone
you’ll want to be with somebody
to be with her forever.
1. Do not date a boy who does not care what your favourite song is. The boy who does not care what melodies ignite your heart strings with love and wonder while staring at passing street lights on the last train home, will not care if it’s 2 a.m. and your heart is breaking.
2. Do not let anyone fold you up like last winters tattered scarf and put you away with the others in a neatly labeled box. Even when there’s thunder and the sky is crying, you are your mum’s favourite summer dress. You are to wear yourself like you believe it.
3. We are all stories. Write yours how you want. Make today’s chapter about purposely taking the wrong bus and discovering a tiny blue tea shop, or folding origami paper hearts over and over on your window sill. Just make sure it’s something you’d enjoy reading.
4. I will always try to save you.
5. Someday you will be 19 and lost and heartbroken and you will think about a place you’ve seen on TV or heard or read about in a book or seen a picture of. You will feel your heart drop into your stomach. Go there. For a day, a month, forever, but it’s important that you go.
6. The world is so beautiful. Do not let the slumped over homeless man outside the convenience store or the stories of guns and bombs on the television let you believe otherwise. We are all so lost. All of us. We all show it in different ways. I write bad poems. Others start wars. There is no inherent evil, only good people searching too hard.
7. I love everything about you.
8. Money turns people into liars and emotional ghosts. School grades are an inaccurate representation of you. Measure your life’s worth in how many times you’ve nearly lost your life to laughter, how many books you’ve closed with happy tears in your eyes, people whose lives you’ve brought joy to, marshmallows eaten, or countries visited.
9. Don’t ever let anyone tell you to stop crying. Cry if you want to. It’s okay. You’re allowed.
10. My best friend once told me that the most important decision he had ever made was to love everyone and everything. He’s the only person I’ve ever known to have a viewable aura of light around him. Don’t forget to love this world, to love people. Be light. You are already mine." - 10 things I will tell my daughter. - Julia LaValley (via safeguards)
For those of you who are lonely right now. I’m so sorry. I wish I could help but the closest thing i can do is tell you this. Better days will come and the shadows will leave. Your tears will stop and your smiles will grow. I promise that you won’t be like this forever. Be patient loves.